Love a duck
PSP Worldwide Logistics London are proud to support our local charity and their flagship fundraiser, The Big Duck Race.
The Staines based MidasPlus charity is fully staffed by volunteers which, unlike so many charities, means that ALL the money they raise is used to support local needy people, in South Middlesex and North Surrey borders, although their main focus is in Spelthorne & Runnymede.
Often seen as a ‘last resort’ MidasPlus usually support individuals or community groups who demonstrate a need that cannot be fulfilled elsewhere. Often simple needs, that make a profound difference to the lives of these affected, including:
- Carpeting for a very hard-up young mum with twins just at the crawling stage
- A new bath and toilet for an elderly man struggling to look after himself
- A phone line for an elderly infirm couple
- Renovating a hairdressing facility at an old people’s sheltered accommodation
- Making a garden safe for a family with a young daughter afflicted with severe down’s syndrome and hyper-activity
- Fencing for Heathrow farm who give disabled people riding lessons
Starting at the Two Rivers Pub in Church Street; the ducks race down the River Colne and into the Thames with the finishing line at the Memorial Gardens.
We didn’t win…………again!